Composing a song :
Browsing and editing a song :
Sharing on last.fm :
In a previous post we told that we had some problems finding a material easy to shape and conductor in the same time, in order to create a cover for the phone.
These pictures show a 1:1 representation of the cover used in our second proposal for this project, built using modeling clay.
The second picture can be used to get an idea about the actual size of the model.
As you can see in the “storytelling” post, some of the elements or actions repeat after a precise pattern. In this post we will explain some of the pattern we will use for making Beethoven’s live better.
- Always-visible tools – Like the name says, Always-Visible Tools are always visible instead of hiding them until the user needs them. We have “Home” and “Help” buttons always there ready to be used in any circumstance.
- Navigation – The user needs to navigate among sections of the application while having clear indication of what section the user is currently looking at.
- Undo – People tend to make mistakes when interacting with applications. Making one mistake can throw away hours of work. Therefore users should have an option to easily undo their actions and get their work back. We have “Backspace” button and the entire “Edit” section of the application built for this.
- Input feedback – The user has entered data into the system and expects to receive feedback on the result of that submission. In our case, the users will have the device vibrating and an audio warning when they made a mistake.
- Display collection – The user has created a collection and wants to share it with other people.
- Direct manipulation – Actions take place with no apparent wait time.
- Edit in place – Offers an editor directly in the place where the user could modify a composition.
- Spring loaded mode – permitting users to change the mode of interaction by pressing a button (“Change” button).
We all remember our sweet childhood, when our mother or grandmother spent a lot of time telling us different stories and we went to sleep with a smile on our faces, dreaming about fantastic scenes.
As it turns out, those times are not gone yet. What we need to do now is tell a story, just like grandma used to. Well… sort of, anyway. 😀 (more…)